The purpose of the Resources section of this site is to connect you with additional education and information related to the Natural Wonders of Africa. In addition to resources that are focused on the splendor, beauty and amazement of the Natural Wonders of Africa will also provide you with access to tour companies, places to stay, and related resources that make your discovery, exploration and personal experience with the African wonders of nature the best it can be.
7 Natural Wonders of the World
Africa is home to 1 of the Seven Wonders. That wonder of nature is Victoria Falls which is located on the Zambezi River where it meets the borders of Zambia and Zimbabwe. It is one of the most beautiful waterfalls in the world. Below, you will also find information on the seven wonders and access to the other six wonders.
The world’s largest waterfall is protected by Victoria Falls National Park on the Zimbabwe side and Mosi-oa-Tunya National Park on the Zambia side.
- Grand Canyon – One of the seven wonders found in the United States. The canyon is protected by the Grand Canyon National Park.
- CNN & Victoria Falls – Reported by CNN as one of the 7 natural wonders of the world.
- Northern Lights – Although they can be experienced in the southern hemisphere, the aurora borealis is most famously recognized as the northern lights.
- PlanetPals – Affirmed as one of the 7 Natural Wonders of the world
- Great Barrier Reef – One of the seven wonders found located in Australia. The reef is protected by the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park.
- Mount Everest – One of the 7 wonders of the world found in Nepal.
- UNESCO and Vic Falls – UNESCO declared Victoria Falls as one of the World Heritage sites.
- Rio de Janeiro – The harbor, also known as Guanabara Bay, is the largest harbor in the world based on volume of water.
- Paricutin Volcano – This is the youngest volcano in the world, however it is no longer active.
NATURAL WONDERS OF AFRICA – World Heritage
UNESCO represents the World Heritage sites from around the world as determined by the International Union of Conservation of Nature (IUCN). UNESCO declares sites that have historical value, cultural value or that natural values. The following 10 world heritage sites found in Africa are from the natural perspective:
- UNESCO – Ngorongoro Crater: Located in Tanzania serving as one of the most densest wildlife populations in the world. A candidate for one of the 7 Natural Wonders of Africa.
- UNESCO – Serengeti: Meant “endless plains” the Serengeti is home to the largest wildlife migration on the earth.
- UNESCO – Mt. Kilimanjaro: The pinnacle of Africa, this mountain is the tallest on the continent and the tallest freestanding mountain in the world.
- UNESCO – Tsingy de Bemaraha: Incredible rock formation located on the African island/country Madagascar.
- UNESCO – Aldabra Atoll: Due to difficulties of access and the atoll’s isolation, Aldabra has been protected from human influence and thus retains some 152,000 giant tortoises, the world’s largest population of this reptile..
- UNESCO – Victoria Falls: Largest waterfall in the world and one of the 7 Wonders of Nature.
- UNESCO – Mt. Kenya: Located in Kenya, it is the tallest mountain in Kenya and the second tallest in Africa.
- UNESCO – Mana Pools: Located off the banks of the Zambezi, the area is home to a remarkable concentration of wild animals, including elephants, buffalo, leopards and cheetahs.
- UNESCO – iSimangaliso Wetlands: Located in South Africa, this world heritage site features ongoing fluvial, marine and aeolian processes that have produced a variety of landforms, including coral reefs, long sandy beaches, coastal dunes, lake systems, swamps, and extensive reed and papyrus wetlands.
- UNESCO – Lake Malawi NP: Located at the southern end of the great expanse of Lake Malawi, with its deep, clear waters and mountain backdrop, the national park is home to many hundreds of fish species, nearly all endemic.
- Zambezi Safari & Travel: Our friends on the Zambezi offer a comprehensive guide to safaris through East, Central and Southern Africa. Includes maps, reviews, frequently asked questions and simple guidelines on planning just about any African safari.
- Game Reserves: An inside look at the various game reserves throughout Africa.
- Zambezi Tourism: A comprehensive exploration into travel to Zambia, Victoria Falls, game reserves and more with an inclusive library of articles on places to stay, things to see and do, and more.
- Zambian Safaris: An informative and helpful site for exploring safari options in Zambia and the surrounding area.
- Uganda Safaris, Tours, Gorilla safaris holidays
Tailor made safaris and detailed itineraries taking you to the best of an African Safari.
- Mahlatini African Safari & Honeymoon Specialists
Mahlatini are specialists in luxury safaris, honeymoons and family holidays to Africa and the Indian Ocean Islands. Mahlatini provide exceptional service for those who appreciate the personal touch.
- Amadeus Garden
Affordable lodging close to the waterfall in Victoria Falls and assistance with travel arrangements for Zimbabwe, Botswana and Namibia.
- Victoria Falls Travel Packages
Complete Travel Packages to the Zimbabwe and Zambia side.
- 7summits.com: Information about and Expeditions to Kilimanjaro and the 7 summits.”
- Africa Conservation Foundation: Currently committed in the protection of the great apes and rainforest conservation.”
- Endangered Species: Learn about the endangered species from around the world.”
- How fast does an Ostrich Run: Watch an ostrich run and learn about how fast it goes.”
- How Long Does a Lion Sleep: Learn about the sleeping patterns of the lions, King of the Beast.
- How Tall is a Giraffe: Come face to face with a giraffe and see how tall a giraffe is.
Conservation and Professional Organizations
- EPA: Environmental Protection Agency of the United States.
- NWF: National Wildlife Federation
- UNESCO: United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization.
- Global Alliance of National Parks: promoting conservation of the national parks from around the world.
- WWF: World Wildlife Fund
- Conservation International: Committed to protecting our environment.
- Nature Conservancy: Working to protecting wildlife and the places they call home.
- Natural Wonders of the Caribbean: Helping people discover the natural wonders of the Caribbean.
Nature Places to Stay
- Hotel das Cataratas: This is the only hotel located in Iguassu National Park on the Brazilian side.
Supports, Causes and Key Resources
- American Cancer Society: Helping eradicate cancer.
- Travel Tracker: A unique and one of a kind travel app that features pre-populated travel wish lists. Tracks your travel and interfaces with Facebook and Twitter. An excellent tool for learning about new bucket list ideas.
- Christian Adoptions: Adoption is one loving option for people to explore facing an unplanned pregnancy.
- Travel Tracker: Takes you straight to iTunes for the Travel Tracker app.
- American Heart: Helping eradicate heart disease.
Frequently Asked Nature Questions
- Where is the Caribbean: When it comes to geography, one of the common questions is where is the Caribbean. Go here to find the islands and the sea.
- Where is Zambia: Zambia is home to Victoria Falls, so people often want to know where this country is.